Me and the hubs

Me and the hubs

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Good deeds

My faith in humanity was restored yesterday. We are surrounded by so much evil in this world that it is great to be reminded of the good. All you have to do is read this to know what I'm talking about www.rxnetworking.com/angelsforalex. I'll be honest, a year and a half ago I would've read a post like this felt terrible, sad, but in the back of my mind so grateful it wasn't happening to my family. It's one of those things we never think will happen to us. November of 2012 taught me differently. We received the news that our 6 year old nephew was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which we later found out was not just any tumor but the deadliest, DIPG. Not Alex! He's not much older than my Bradley. Kathy and Andrew (his parents) are phenomenal parents, do everything right by their children. Kathy is one of the best moms I know. I have always looked up to her parenting style and have tried to emulate it with my own. They didn't deserve this. I was trying to make deals with God to take it away. We always turn a blind eye to these situations until it is too late. Why is the price that's paid so high? The Terry's life will never be the same, they will never be the same. Death leaves holes that can never be healed. One thing death does is open your eyes to what is important in life. It serves as a great reminder that there are good people in this world. My sister in law Kim and I made donation buckets for Alex after his diagnosis. As I went around to businesses asking if they would put up a bucket almost every single one did without a single thought. They didn't even questioned it and most even put in money of their own. Jake, the guy who wrote the blog above and created the angel fight did so out of the kindness of his heart. He has no blood relation to the Terry's but gave hours of his time to fight for this cause. He deserves a Purple Heart. It is acts of kindness like these that get people through some of their darkest days. I chose to write about this today to raise awareness, we can all do something to help. Even if it is just opening our mouths. Cancer is real as we will all experience at one point or the other in our lives. The children need to be placed first with this epidemic. Everyday I pray that my children will be spared. Please join with me and help raise awareness!! I always try to remember that we are not remembered by the things we have but the lives we lead.

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention all the other family members of yours that have passed away from cancer. They all fought so hard. If it wasn't for Johns cancer I wouldn't have been able to be a part of so many good deeds. People are great!!

    ReplyDelete